The Passive Grammar : Deuxième année bac


The Passive
 
Remember these!
Present tenses
am/is/are + past participle
am/is/are + being + past participle
have/has been + past participle
Past tenses
was/were + past participle
was/were + being + past participle
had been + past participle

Future tenses
will be + past participle
will have + been + past participle
is/are going to be + past participle
Present/Future modals
modal + be + past participle
Past modals
modal + have been + past participle



a. Turn these sentences into the passive.
  1. My uncle manages a huge firm.
  2. My children like toys very much.
  3. My little sister sometimes asks stupid questions.
  4. Those people are talking about politics.
  5. They are writing the test exercises at the present time.
  6. Kamal is carrying a heavy box.
  7. I have sent a parcel to the USA.
  8. Jalil has received two letters.
  9. Willy has bought a limousine.
b. Turn these sentences into the passive.
  1. Ziryab composed some beautiful love songs.
  2. Hind lost her family in a road accident.
  3. The customer ordered a green salad and a cheese sandwich.
  4. I was cleaning my room when the light went out.
  5. My wife was making a pizza when I arrived home.
  6. The teacher was explaining the irregular verbs to the students.
  7. She had taken all my books.
  8. I replied the teacher’s question politely.
  9. Pablo Picasso had painted Guernica in 1937.
c. Turn these sentences into the passive.
  1. Jalil and Jamal will finish the job tomorrow.
  2. The dog will eat the bone.
  3. They will move before June.
  4. He will have begun the job by next week.
  5. Man will have set colonies in the moon by the year 2050.
  6. I will have completed his high studies by the end of next year.
  7. They are going to have some Chinese food for dinner.
  8. Jalil is going to offer me a watch for my coming birthday.
  9. She is going to invite her friends for lunch next weekend.
d. Turn these sentences into the passive.
  1. Jalil can speak two foreign languages.
  2. The firm may give a high rise to the workers.
  3. The lazy students might get weak marks in the test.
  4. Jamal should learn the irregular verbs.
  5. Drivers ought to respect the traffic law.
  6. Obese people had better practise sport everyday.
  7. Moroccan people must apply for visas to travel to the UK.
  8. The prisoners have to clean their cells every weekend.
e. Turn these sentences into the passive.
  1. My little brother should have broken the vase.
  2. He should have got a bad mark in the French test.
  3. Students ought to have learned the irregular verbs by heart.
  4. The bank may have received my fax.
  5. The boss may have offered Jamal a new duty in the company.
  6. She might have done the homework correctly.
  7. They might have had dinner in a Chinese diner.
  8. The ministers of foreign affairs might have talked about the world economic crisis.

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق